Social Media Ethics: LJ7
Social media and broadcast media can share many similarities and can be different at the same time. I personally use those two types of media very differently. Starting with the personal use of social media I tend to use when interacting with others online, and for entertaining purposes. Social media such as Instagram help me follow my favorite fitness influencers as well as my fashion influencers. My use for social media is higher than my use for broadcast. The apps are easy to access through the phone and the use of media is more common for my generation.
I use broadcast media whenever I listen to the radio on my way to work. I get to know the latest news in my city and stay updated with the most recent music. I listen to my favorite artist which is BadBunny and my favorite show which is (The JO Show). Sometimes I watch Tv. with my family. I enjoy watching the news with my dad since we get to spend time together and discuss politics.
In my personal life I don't really see much connection between social media and broadcast media. I only tend to watch social media influencers but never get to communicate with them. I follow Badbunny, The Kardashians, and Maluma, who is also an artist.
I would love to be an influencer only if I first feel like I have something to share with people that will benefit their lives, and second when people start respecting the influencers red lines that they should never cross such as their private lives as well as their own space. Famous life has many advantages but also disadvantages that can make it very difficult for influencers to live a normal life. After reading our chapter I came to the conclusion that the media is a world filled with success and failure, emotions and disregard, and happiness and discouragement. It is always good to limit the personal information shared on social media because of the great power it has over us and unlimited saved information being watched and kept as a record. From all of my classmates' work, I chose to comment on (Marla's Silva) work . I think that her ideas were amazing and she combined her personal experience with explaining this assignment.
Comments
Post a Comment