LJ9

     Social media affects our behavior and lifestyle. This huge impact can cause us to shop more and start adopting new habits. Those habits can develop and become either positive or negative. Marketing is done mainly through social media and websites. I can say that 90% of my personal purchases are online. My online shopping habit started originally during Covid and now I have learned the easiest and fastest ways to shop. EWOM is used a lot to help pick specific products such as: Skin care products, or hair styling products. I watch the Kardashians on Hulu and follow their individual pages on Instagram. I tend to buy from their makeup and clothes brands because I love watching their advertisements and even rating videos on YouTube. When it comes to being influenced by friends and family members I tend to follow the younger generations' styles. For example : I would always ask my cousins who are females in their mid twenties about styling my dresses and tend to avoid following my mom's or my aunt's styles because they never go on social media and follow the new trends. I think that the social media ecosystem is definitely a controlling and very powerful system. It shows us products that can be over advertised and well presented just to increase the sales numbers. The way to live as a social media user is to keep a balance between what you see on media and what you actually need in real life. A lot of aspects can create limitations to this ecosystem such as the budgeting aspect, or the reference aspect where you tend to look for more proof before making a purchase. " The ecosystem needs to be visualized in terms of the three types of media : Owned, paid, and earned".


Work Cited:

terms of the three types of media: owned, paid,https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visual-map-social-media-universe/
and earned.

Comments

  1. My opinion is that digital adolescent social media users have a significant influence on some of these trends, such as current events, films, and commodities, which are now more widely acknowledged in micro companies. Larger companies, on the other hand, use artificial intelligence algorithms to foresee and influence market trends that affect a whole community through the sharing of product information on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yara,
    I agree with what you have wrote. I am glad to know I am not the only person covid caused a shopping addiction too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment