LJ 7

 Connecting what I learned in this course to my career and degree goals I can say that social media plays a huge role in developing my communication skills especially when it comes to virtual communication. For many years I have applied to many job and different position in the retail and retail banking. Social media was the first link between me and the recruiters. Banking jobs are more challenging to get, therefore, I started looking for a way to simplify the process of applying and that is how I learned about LinkedIn. It allowed me to create a full personal page of myself presenting my strengths, experiences, and degrees earned. This app is easy and free to use allowing me to connect to all the recruiters that will help me get the interviews. Social media is also a great resource of buying and selling. For me personally, I had to go through the process of buying and selling a car and I definitely say that without the use of Facebook market and way fair I would've spend months and more money looking for what I need.     

With all of the benefits that I mentioned earlier in my post I believe that social media can still be a risky source of knowledge especially when it is used wrong. In other words there is always a dark side for everything so as for social media it can be untrusted. What I would do is always be cousious when sharing any personal information, make sure to only read trusted sources and share them with others after doing enough research and comparing the information with reality. In regards of my school journey social media had definitely created a more convenient path for me. It allowed me to create my own volunteering pages and start spreading awareness between students at USF and other family members. It created so many memories and amazing saved pictures in many pages whether through Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat. 

Throughout this course I have been reading and commenting on my peer's work Essal and I think that she goes above and beyond in her work. 

Comments